Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
"Holiday Gecko" is a captivating black-and-white illustration depicting a gecko transformed into an eye-catching Christmas tree, with its roots acting as the perfect foundation. A string of glittery beads wraps around it for added holiday cheer!
The gecko is a symbol of regeneration, adaptation, and agility. In many cultures, geckos are believed to possess supernatural powers and are revered as sacred animals. As a symbol, the gecko represents the ability to adapt and thrive in challenging environments and the potential for renewal and regeneration. The gecko is often seen as a representation of resilience, with its ability to regrow its tail as an inspiring metaphor for bouncing back from adversity and reinventing oneself. Additionally, the creature has been linked to luck in certain cultures, symbolizing prosperity and success. Ultimately, the gecko's adaptability yields optimism for growth and transformation even through difficult times - thus embodying renewal, agility, and hope.
The Christmas tree is a symbol of hope, renewal, and celebration. In many cultures, the evergreen tree represents the idea of everlasting life and continuity, as it remains green and vibrant even in the dead of winter. As a symbol, the Christmas tree can represent the hope and promise of new beginnings and the potential for renewal and growth even in difficult times. Decorating the tree can also symbolize celebration and joy, representing the spirit of generosity and kindness often associated with the holiday season. Additionally, the lights often strung on the tree can convey the idea of bringing light and warmth into the darkness of winter and the potential for spiritual enlightenment and growth.
Roots are a symbol of stability, grounding, and nourishment. As the foundation of a plant, roots provide stability and grounding, anchoring the plant to the earth and providing the necessary nutrients for growth and survival. As a symbol, roots can represent the importance of having a solid foundation in one's life, whether in personal relationships, professional pursuits, or spiritual practices. Roots can also represent the idea of being firmly rooted in one's identity, culture, and history and knowing one's origins to grow and thrive. Additionally, roots can represent the potential for hidden depths and unexplored potential, as they often extend deep beneath the surface of the earth.
Overall, this artwork is a celebration of the adaptability, resilience, and potential for growth and transformation within us.
"Our hearts grow tender with childhood memories and love of kindred, and we are better throughout the year for having, in spirit, become a child again at Christmas-time." — Laura Ingalls Wilder
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.