Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
The idea for this sketch was born out of our immigration to the United States in 2015. Above the surface is a small, fragile little plant — with a strong ancient root system in Africa.
Africa is often symbolized by its roots, representing the continent's deep cultural and historical connections to its people and their ancestors. The roots also signify the growth and development of the continent, as well as its resilience and strength in the face of adversity. In contrast, the United States is often symbolized by its branches and upward growth, representing the country's spirit of innovation, progress, and individualism.
"Though kin scatter the earth like seed and grow apart, their paths are rooted in the same ground." ― Marissa Byfield
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.