Prints: Limited edition of 10
About The Artwork:
This black-and-white illustration is called "Tangled Dreams" and features a jellyfish with a cherry on top and flowers intertwined with its tentacles.
Jellyfish are known for their fluid and graceful movements but can symbolize ambiguity, uncertainty, and vulnerability. The translucent body of the jellyfish represents a lack of substance, making it difficult to grasp or define. In this sense, the jellyfish can represent a situation or emotion that is hard to understand or eludes definition.
On the other hand, flowers have long been associated with beauty, growth, and renewal. They are a symbol of new beginnings and fresh starts. Flowers can also represent the transience of life and the impermanence of all things.
The image of a jellyfish with flowers in its tentacles can also represent the idea of finding beauty and hope in unexpected places. Just as the delicate flowers are held by the jellyfish's long tentacles, we may find moments of grace and beauty in the midst of challenging circumstances.
In general, cherries are often associated with sweetness, abundance, and the fleeting nature of life. In Japanese culture, the cherry blossom represents the transience of life and the beauty of impermanence. The deep red color of a ripe cherry can also symbolize passion, love, and desire.
"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart. Who looks outside, dreams; who looks inside, awakes." — Carl Jung
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.