Prints: Limited edition of 25
About The Artwork:
This minimalistic black and white illustration features intricate weaving lines with vines, leaves, and keys that symbolize potential paths to take in life. Many parts of the drawing appear five times.
Vines symbolize growth, strength, and determination. In traditional cultures, they were believed to have a spiritual significance, representing the connection between the physical and spiritual realms. In Chinese culture, vines symbolize long life due to their ability to grow and bend without breaking. Vines are also associated with fertility and abundance, as they can produce fruits and vegetables.
Keys represent access, protection, knowledge, and control. The keys in this image could be seen as unlocking new doors of opportunities or pathways to follow in life. They symbolize the potential for change and growth by taking the initiative and opening up to different possibilities.
The leaves are symbols of renewal, hope, and new beginnings. They represent the cycle of life, with the potential to produce new growth and start anew. In this illustration, they are a reminder that even in difficult times, there is always the possibility for something better.
The number five is often seen as a balance, harmony, and health symbol. In numerology, five represents personal freedom, adventure, and exploration. Additionally, it’s the most associated with creativity and expression, which can be seen in its frequent use in the arts. The number five is an important source of power and positivity that offers great potential for growth.
The image is a powerful reminder that while there are no guarantees, every day, we have the opportunity to create something new and impact our own lives - and the lives of others.
"Your road is everything that a road ought to be...and yet you will not stay in it half a mile, for the reason that little, seductive, mysterious roads are always branching out from it on either hand, and as these curve sharply also and hide what is beyond, you cannot resist the temptation to desert your own chosen path and explore them." — Mark Twain
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.