Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
"A Discovery Of We" is a black-and-white illustration of a lighthouse surrounded by waves. The waves turn into leaves floating in the air before reaching the light.
A lighthouse is a powerful symbol of safety, guidance, and protection. It represents a beacon of hope that can steer ships away from danger and towards safer shores. The surrounding waves symbolize a state of turmoil, confusion, and unpredictability in life. In this context, the lighthouse shines the brightest, illuminating the path to safety and signifying a sense of security and calmness amidst the chaos.
The transformation of the waves into leaves is a clear indication of a metamorphosis—a change from something wild and turbulent to something calm and peaceful. Leaves are symbols of growth, renewal, and the peacefulness that comes with being rooted – a state where one can exist comfortably. This transformation, from tumultuous waves to leaves, suggests an end to the turmoil and the beginning of a time of repose, stability, and calm.
The lighthouse is a symbol that reassures mariners they have someone to rely on during difficult times. The transformation from the waves to the leaves suggests that one’s relationship with the self can be just like the change from wild and unpredictable to certain and stable – a journey towards growth, enlightenment, and, ultimately, the beauty that comes with being grounded in one's own unique identity.
"She felt... how life, from being made up of little separate incidents which one lived one by one, became curled and whole like a wave which bore one up with it and threw one down with it, there, with a dash on the beach." ― Virginia Woolf, To the Lighthouse
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.