Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Marvel at the surreal allure of "Falling Phoenix," a black-and-white illustration that delves into the intricacies of our collective inner realm. Unconventional items like scissors, hands, and lit matches are playfully used to depict this captivating piece.
Scissors symbolize cutting, separation, and endings in most cultures. The two blades represent duality, and the cutting edge suggests a breaking point between two things. This symbol is linked to endings and transitions, such as the end of a relationship or project. Scissors are symbols of creativity, self-expression, and the power to shape one's reality. In psychology, they represent self-discovery and personal transformation, with the cutting edge being a metaphor for cutting away negative aspects to reveal one's true self. This represents a journey towards self-acceptance and growth.
Hands are symbols of power and control, with the act of grasping and holding with one's hands being seen as a symbol of possession and authority. Hands symbolize protection and security, often offering help or support or warding off negative energy. Regarding creativity, hands are symbols of artistic expression and the creative process, representing the power to bring ideas to life and shape the world around us. Finally, hands symbolize communication and connection, and the act of reaching out and touching another person's hand is a powerful symbol of intimacy, trust, and connection.
Matches and flames are symbols with a wide range of cultural and emotional meanings. Matches symbolize the potential for fire, light, and warmth, while flames symbolize destruction, danger, and purification. Fire is often seen as a transformative force capable of creating and destroying. Matches and flames are often used as symbols of passion, creativity, and inspiration, representing the power to ignite one's inner fire and bring ideas to life. In religious contexts, flames can symbolize the presence of a divine being or the power of spiritual energy. The flame is also a powerful symbol of renewal, representing the cycle of life, death, and rebirth.
Overall, "Falling Phoenix" is a powerful representation of the interplay between destruction and creation and the potential for transformation and growth through self-reflection and self-awareness.
“You may kill a fire. And everything you know falls to dust and ash. Yet the remarkable treasure in this seemingly hopeless pile, is hidden deep within. The burning embers incarnate the perpetual desire to go from spark to flame.” ― Akilnathan Logeswaran
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.