Prints: Limited edition of 10
About The Artwork:
Introducing "Garden," a surreal black-and-white illustration featuring a fortress protected inside a circle, surrounded by vines with thorns. At the end of the vines, you can see a rose shaped like a snake's head.
Vines with thorns symbolize various meanings. The presence of thorns on a vine can suggest a protective barrier against harm or danger or a reminder of the suffering and crucifixion of Jesus in religious contexts. It can also represent strength and perseverance or the obstacles and hardships one must face. The meaning of vines with thorns varies depending on the cultural, historical, or religious context in which they are used.
In many cultures, the circular shape is seen as a symbol of completeness and the idea that things come full circle. It represents the idea of unending cycles and that everything is connected and interrelated. The circle is also a symbol of unity, as it has no beginning or end and is inclusive, encompassing all things within its boundaries. This symbol is often used in spiritual and religious contexts to represent the idea of a higher power, the universe, or the infinite.
In some cultures, the snake coming out of the rose can represent temptation and sin, while the rose symbolizes purity and innocence. In this interpretation, the snake represents the seductive power of evil, while the rose represents the potential for corruption. On the other hand, the snake tongue could also symbolize transformation and renewal, as snakes are often associated with the shedding of their skin and rebirth. In this interpretation, the rose represents the beauty and fragility of life, while the snake tongue represents the power of change and transformation.
For me, this illustration is about a secret place - a foundation in my life - where I feel safe and secure from outside influences. I am hidden in God.
"Keep and guard me as the pupil of Your eye; hide me in the shadow of Your wings." — Psalm 17:8
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.