Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Presenting "Long Shot," an inspiring black and white illustration of a miraculous transformation - from caterpillar to graceful ballerina, or perhaps the other way around! A ballerina and a caterpillar are rich in symbolic meaning, and their combination in an artwork or creative expression can create a powerful message.
Ballerinas are often associated with grace, beauty, and elegance. They are symbols of discipline, dedication, and hard work and represent perseverance and achievement. Ballerinas can also represent the idea of transformation as they undergo rigorous training to become masters of their craft.
Caterpillars, on the other hand, are symbols of growth, transformation, and metamorphosis. They can represent potential and the possibility of change as they transform from a crawling larva into a beautiful butterfly. Caterpillars can also mean the idea of patience, as transformation can take time and require dedication.
Combined, the symbolism of a ballerina and a caterpillar can create a message of perseverance, transformation, and growth. The image can represent the idea of starting small, working hard, and persevering through challenges to achieve a beautiful and transformative outcome. It can also mean embracing change and the possibility of transformation, even when it may seem difficult or impossible.
"Awakening is not a thing. It is not a goal, not a concept. It is not something to be attained. It is a metamorphosis. If the caterpillar thinks about the butterfly it is to become, saying ‘And then I shall have wings and antennae,’ there will never be a butterfly. The caterpillar must accept its own disappearance in its transformation. When the marvelous butterfly takes wing, nothing of the caterpillar remains." — Alejandro Jodorowsky
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.