Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Introducing "Mr. Hoghedge" - a whimsical black and white illustration that beckons you into a world where symbolism weaves a captivating tale. This artwork features a hedgehog bedecked in a dignified top hat, teetering gracefully upon a spinning wheel. The amalgamation of these symbols invites viewers on a journey of interpretation, where each element carries its own profound significance.
Firstly, the hedgehog has long been a symbol of resilience and self-defense. Its protective spines and often solitary nature represents the idea of guarding oneself from external threats while maintaining vulnerability within. The top hat, on the other hand, symbolizes sophistication, refinement, and class. It's an emblem of aspiration and elevation, suggesting a longing for higher realms of existence. The juxtaposition of these two symbols hints at the balance between vulnerability and refinement, a notion where one can be both guarded and elegant simultaneously.
The spinning wheel introduces yet another layer of symbolism. Traditionally, it signifies the cycles of life, transformation, and destiny. In this context, it conveys the idea of life's ever-turning wheel, the continuous journey of growth and change that we all experience. The hedgehog's delicate balance on this wheel represents the equilibrium one must strike between navigating life's uncertainties and maintaining a sense of self, much like a performer on a tightrope.
As for potential interpretations, "Mr. Hoghedge" could symbolize the universal human experience of navigating life's precarious tightrope. It encourages us to embrace our inner strength and adaptability while upholding an air of sophistication and self-preservation. It might also suggest the duality of human existence.
In conclusion, "Mr. Hoghedge" symbolizes resilience, sophistication, and the ever-turning wheel of life, offering a captivating reflection on the delicate balance we must strike in our own journeys. Whether hung on a wall or on a tabletop, "Mr. Hoghedge" inspires contemplation and conversation in any setting.
"I am so tired. I have grown old from being serious. I have grown ill from being serious. I want to laugh at myself. I want to forget myself. I am so tired."
― Kamand Kojouri
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.