Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
"Scattered Senses" is a black-and-white illustration that captures the beauty of a surreal world. The image features a yin-yang sign with stars in the black part and hands holding it. At its center is a cluster of shells, creating an ethereal atmosphere.
The yin-yang symbol is an ancient symbol from Chinese philosophy that represents the concept of duality in all things. The black half represents darkness, femininity, and the passive principle, while the white represents light, masculinity, and the active principle. The two halves are complementary and interconnected, each containing a seed of the other, illustrating the idea of balance and harmony.
Shells are often associated with the symbolism of protection, strength, and resilience. A shell's hard exterior is believed to shield against external forces and protect the delicate interior. In some cultures, shells are also associated with the idea of rebirth and regeneration, as they are often used as a symbol of new life and growth. Additionally, some believe that the spiral shape of certain shells represents life's journey and existence's cyclical nature.
Hands are often seen as a way to connect people to one another and to the divine, acting as conduits of energy and communication. Additionally, hands are associated with creativity, as they are the tools we use to create art and bring our ideas to life.
Together, this image could represent the importance of finding balance and harmony in our lives and the natural world and the recognition that everything is interconnected.
"You must learn to heed your senses. Humans use but a tiny percentage of theirs. They barely look, they rarely listen, they never smell, and they think that they can only experience feelings through their skin. But they talk, oh, do they talk." ― Michael Scott, The Alchemyst
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.