Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Introducing "Souls Calling," a black-and-white illustration that depicts two hummingbirds trying to find each other through an intricate maze of twigs.
Hummingbirds are a powerful symbol of joy, beauty, and the sweetness of life. In many cultures, the hummingbird is also seen as a symbol of love and good fortune. In some indigenous traditions, the hummingbird is believed to be a messenger between the spirit world and the physical world, carrying messages of hope, healing, and renewal.
A circular maze is a powerful symbol of life's journey and the search for enlightenment. The circular shape represents the cyclical nature of life, with no clear beginning or end, while the maze represents the challenges and obstacles we encounter on our journey. Using twigs in constructing the maze symbolizes the importance of staying grounded and connected to nature as we navigate life's twists and turns. Additionally, the circular maze of twigs can represent the spiritual journey or the concept of the wheel of life. Each turn represents a new stage in our spiritual growth and development.
Overall, this illustration can be seen as a powerful reminder of the importance of love and connection in our lives and the challenges we must overcome to find them. It encourages us to remain persistent and hopeful, even in the midst of difficulty and uncertainty, as we navigate the twists and turns of life's journey.
"The minute I heard my first love story, I started looking for you, not knowing how blind that was. Lovers don't finally meet somewhere. They're in each other all along." — Rumi
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.