Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Introducing "Transdifferentiation," a captivating black and white illustration that delves into the extraordinary world of the immortal jellyfish. This artwork captures two distinct phases of the jellyfish during transdifferentiation, a remarkable process allowing it to rejuvenate and restart its life cycle under adverse conditions.
The immortal jellyfish, known for its unique ability to reverse aging and regenerate itself, is a powerful symbol of resilience and adaptability. In "Transdifferentiation," the dual phases of the jellyfish showcase its transformative journey, embodying the tenacity to navigate through life's challenges and emerge renewed. The jellyfish becomes a metaphor for the cycles of rebirth and the perpetual quest for growth and self-development, even in the face of difficulties.
Transdifferentiation, a biological phenomenon where cells transform from one type to another, further enriches the symbolism within this artwork. It underscores the idea that transformation is an intrinsic, internal process not confined to external circumstances. The jellyfish's ability to transdifferentiate becomes a metaphor for personal growth and the capacity to evolve beyond predefined boundaries, mirroring the innate potential for reinvention within each of us.
The stylized compass in the background introduces an additional layer of meaning, representing guidance, direction, and purpose. As a navigational tool, the compass reinforces the notion that, like jellyfish, we possess the innate capability to recalibrate and find our true course, even in the most challenging circumstances. It encourages viewers to reflect on their own journeys, navigating the currents of life with resilience and a steadfast sense of purpose.
In "Transdifferentiation," the combined symbolism of the immortal jellyfish, transdifferentiation, and the compass invites contemplation on the interconnected themes of resilience, adaptability, and purposeful transformation. This artwork becomes a visual anthem, urging us to embrace life's challenges as opportunities for renewal, to navigate our internal compass with courage, and to discover the boundless potential for growth within ourselves.
"We are each a world, actually, a universe of possibilities. To make effective change in the outer world, we have to make effective change in the inner world." ―
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.