Prints: Limited edition of 10
About The Artwork:
"Your Ocean" is an intricate black-and-white illustration teeming with many symbols rich in meaning. Commissioned by my friend Steve Safranek, it tells a story of rebirth and self-discovery.
The snake symbolizes transformation and rebirth in many cultures. When a snake is depicted curling around the seven chakras, it represents the awakening of Kundalini energy - a divine force that starts at the base of the spine and rises to the crown chakra. The snake's movement, coiling around each chakra, represents the transformative power of the Kundalini energy as it awakens and rises through the seven centers, each imbued with its unique symbolic meaning.
The Tree of Life is a symbol of growth and connection, representing the unity between all living things. The Yin Yang sign symbolizes the balance between opposing forces, portraying the dynamic interplay of dark and light, stillness and movement, and the cyclical nature of life. The mushrooms connote the transformative power of nature and the ability to release negative energy and emotional blockages. Lastly, butterflies represent the cycle of change, transformation, and spiritual awakening.
Together, these symbols represent the interconnectedness of life, the balance within oneself and with the world around us, the ability to release negative energy and emotions, and the transformative power of nature and inner growth.
"For a seed to achieve its greatest expression, it must come completely undone. The shell cracks, its insides come out and everything changes. To someone who doesn't understand growth, it would look like complete destruction." ― Cynthia Occelli
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.