Prints: Limited edition of 50
About The Artwork:
Introducing "Wawyd Oop" – a whimsical black and white illustration that takes you on a symbolic voyage into the depths of the subconscious. This black and white print features a thought-provoking fusion of elements: an upside-down anchor buoyed by two soaring sea turtles, weighed down by a shell at the bottom of the page.
The anchor, typically associated with stability and security, takes on a unique role in "Wawyd Oop." In this context, the upside-down anchor can be seen as a representation of transformation and release. Anchors are often linked to grounding and stability, but when inverted, they signify a willingness to break free from the known and embrace change. The anchor suspended in mid-air invites contemplation of how we sometimes need to upend our lives and relinquish the familiar to embark on new journeys.
Sea turtles, creatures of the deep, are known for their endurance and wisdom. In various cultures, they symbolize longevity, patience, and the ability to navigate life's currents with grace. In "Wawyd Oop," these majestic creatures become the pillars of support for the anchor, suggesting that wisdom and endurance are essential to guide us through moments of upheaval and change.
Shells provide shelter and defense from the outside world. In this composition, they represent the protective nature of transformation, emphasizing that as we move through life's transitions, we carry our inner sanctuary with us. The combination of shells and sea turtles amplifies the notion of resilience and protection in the face of change.
The combination of these symbols in "Wawyd Oop" encourages contemplation of rebirth and personal growth. It's a visual metaphor for embracing the unknown, allowing wisdom and resilience to guide you through turbulent times, and understanding that within the chaos of transformation, your inner sanctuary remains a constant source of strength. This illustration invites viewers to reflect on the beauty and potential that lie in unexpected journeys and transformations, urging us to embrace the wisdom that accompanies change, even when it challenges our perceptions of stability and security.
"When you walk to the edge of all the light you have and take that first step into the darkness of the unknown, you must believe that one of two things will happen. There will be something solid for you to stand upon or you will be taught to fly.” ―
5 x 7 inches (portrait)
7 x 5 inches (landscape)
Mat Board Size:
- Original Artwork: Mat board will fit an 11 x 14 inch frame.
- Limited Edition Print: Mat board will fit an 8 x 10 inch frame.
- Both limited edition prints & original artwork are protected by a double layered, high quality, acid-free Crescent® brand mat board (4-ply, approximately .050 inch thick, with a beveled cut window opening). The mat board has a white top layer with a visible black layer underneath. For added protection artwork gets shipped with a standard white backing board, enclosed in a clear protective bag. Frame shown in product images not included.
- Original Artwork: Pigment archival ink on cold press acid free 300gsm paper.
- Limited Edition Print: Superior quality digital print on 100% fine art cotton, acid free paper.
- Original Artwork: Signed, dated & certificate of authenticity included.
- Limited Edition Print: Signed, dated, edition number & certificate of authenticity included.